For the most comprehensive hands-on learning experience in building construction technology that Fort Myers, FL, has available, enroll at Immokalee Technical College. At iTECH, we believe in the power of getting a student’s hands dirty. On top of our high-quality classroom education plans, we immerse students in real-world construction applications, giving them a diverse and well-rounded educational experience.
Earning a certificate in building construction technology from Immokalee Tech College means a student did more than pass written skills and fundamentals tests – he or she also passed rigorous hands-on training sessions in clinics and laboratories. Our state-of-the-art training facility is the newest in Florida, giving students of building construction technology in Fort Myers, FL, the unique opportunity to learn on top industry equipment. Learn more about Immokalee Technical College.
The iTECH Building Construction Technology Program
At iTECH, we’ve invested thousands of dollars in our Building Construction Technology program. As part of our transportation and industrial learning center, this program gives students ample opportunity to prepare for employment in the building construction industry. Whether you want to be a master carpenter or a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) technician, Immokalee Tech College’s program will give you the foundation to succeed. When you enroll in this program, coursework includes:
- BCV0400: Building Construction Helper. This course teaches students the safe and effective use of modern construction tools, equipment, and machines. Students learn the foundations of basic carpentry, masonry, concrete work, and architectural planning. As a college dedicated to employment readiness, this course also teaches employability and leadership skills, as well as consumer information. 450 hours.
- BCV0401: Building Construction Technician, Part 1. This course gives students an in-depth understanding of how to design, plan, and build a structure using modern technologies. Students engage in hands-on activities such as drawing plans, estimating costs, and performing basic carpentry techniques. Students learn tasks relating to HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, roofing, floor finishing, and walls. Students will understand the basics of state codes, legal responsibilities, and ethics. 300 hours.
- BCV0402: Building Construction Technician, Part 2. This course complements the first part, allowing students to demonstrate what they learned through real-world activities involving various areas of the building construction industry. Tasks may involve troubleshooting, installations, and repairs of plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems. 300 hours. Learn more about the required coursework.
Students in iTECH’s building construction technology program will engage in activities our college designed to provide basic skills related to the National Center for Construction Education and Research CORE standards. Students will also develop a strong foundation of knowledge for safety, health, and environmental concerns. Upon completion of all 1,050 hours of the program’s coursework, students receive a certificate of building construction technology. Fort Myers, FL, graduates can then move on to ideally obtain gainful employment.
Job Opportunities with a Building Construction Tech Certificate
There isn’t another industry quite like building construction technology. Fort Myers, FL, students will learn both centuries-old building principles and how to utilize the latest technologies. The blend of timeless artisanship and cutting-edge modern technologies is what makes building construction tech such an exciting career. There will always be a market open in this niche, as the world will always need high-quality builders.
There are dozens of potential employment opportunities for graduates of the Immokalee Tech College Building Construction Technology program, including:
- Concrete finishing
- Construction site preparation and supervision
- Finish carpentry
If you can dream it, Immokalee Technical College can help you do it. Our Building Construction Technology program will give you the competitive edge you need to shine in today’s job market. With an iTECH certification in your tool belt, you’ll have the confidence to impress a potential employer.
How to Apply at Immokalee Tech College
If the Immokalee Technical College’s program for building construction technology in Fort Myers, FL sounds like the ideal path for your future, discover how to apply. For help with our application process, feel free to contact an iTECH admissions adviser during business hours at (239) 377-9900. We’re happy to walk prospective students through the process. Here’s how to apply:
- Call (239) 377-4556 or (239) 377-9915 to make an appointment to take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE). Immokalee Tech College requires all applicants to take this exam before admittance.
- Submit the application. Download the iTECH new student application. Fill out the form, completing the parent section if you’re a dependent under the age of 24. Submit the $30 application fee, which includes TABE and career assessment fees.
- Review the requirements for Florida residences for tuition purposes. Follow the directions in this document and bring the required documents to your meeting with our advisers.
- Study the TABE guide on our website and take the test. Students with special academic needs or concerns who need testing accommodations should see an adviser. Bring any official documentation for accommodations with you when scheduling your TABE.
- Take additional exams if necessary. Students applying for the iTECH automotive, heavy equipment mechanics, and machining programs will need to take the Bennett Mechanical Reasoning and Spatial Aptitude test. There is an additional fee to take this test.
- Schedule a meeting with an iTECH adviser. Once you receive your TABE scores, take these to a meeting with an adviser. The adviser will review your scores, give you options for joining our program in building construction technology in Fort Myers, FL, and go over any other requirements to enroll at Immokalee Tech College.
Upon admittance, you will be able to choose your coursework for your starting semester. Our Building Construction Technology program is available in the spring, fall, and winter. From there, enjoy your time as a member of the iTECH community!
Get in Touch with Immokalee Technical College
If the iTECH Building Construction Technology program appeals to you, visit our website to find out more. You may be able to enroll in time to begin at the start of our next semester. Our advisers are standing by to answer your call. To find out more about a certification for building construction technology, Fort Myers, FL, residents can dial (239) 377-9900 to get in touch with Immokalee Technical College.